Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Impromptu Ice Cream and a visit

Saturday night came upon us and Matt got a hunkering for homemade ice cream.  This is not typical for us(to not have the kids in bed by 8:00) but about 7:20ish we loaded the kids in the car and dragged them down the store to get a few ingredients.  When we got back Matt threw everything in with his own twist of course and he entertained the kids outside for the time it took for the ice cream to be whipped up.  Matt had all the kids with him on our deck swing and they were just eating up the attention.  I felt a little guilty because I had to practice for choir but joined them after I was done.  The kids watched the sunset and Matt lit the tiki torches.  When the ice cream was done we just popped off the top and dished everyone up and had ice cream while swinging in the tiki lighted dark.  It was so nice and peaceful and I bet the kids were ecstatic that we let them stay up WAY past their bedtime.  We're not spontaneous enough and this was a fun little treat just to enjoy with our little family.  I snapped some shots but too lazy to load them up.  Maybe I'll post them later.

Then yesterday, we took a quick trip up to see Grandma Murdock.  She is in a nursing facility.  It's difficult for her to talk because she can't swallow anymore so her throat is really dry.  We did however get our kisses and hugs in a plenty to let her know that we love her.  We had a lovely visit with family who took pity on us and saved us of our dinner we packed of sandwiches and fed us barbecue beef which ROCKED!  On our way home Matt missed our turn off and we saw where the newer Walmart was built in Logan and while going through the parking lot Matt noticed the new Macey's that had been built off in the distance.  He pointed and made a comment to the affect over there is the new Macey's Deb and our little Macer's piped up and said very sassy like, I'm right here, Dada.

0 Special Comments: