This day has absolutely been rotten. I'm tired of having sick kids. I'm tired of cleaning up puke and bodily excrement. I'm tired of not getting sleep. I'm tired of being tired. One can not run on an hour and half of sleep and expect to be sane!!!!
Where's the love???
I'm sure not feeling it right now. I gotta get back to screaming moaning kids. Please tell me your worst day and make me feel better. We've had more worse days than this but I'm delirious. I could sure use a good story right now! This is when it really bites not having family around.
7 Special Comments:
I'm so sorry you are having a rough day. I hope it picks up or at least that tomorrow is better.
Remember May 2009...Tom had fallen off a ladder (May 23) and then I dropped the tether ball stand on my foot two days later. That was a pretty bad day. It was so bad and so ridiculous that all I could do was laugh. It was passed the crying stage.
Or there was the day Tim had had a seizure and James had something funky going on with his heart...so we were in Primary children's hospital getting tests done. I was upstairs doing an EEG with Tim and Tom was downstairs doing an EKG with James at the same time.
Oh how I remember the days when I had 3 young boys at home and never got any sleep! Ear infections were the worst because my boys wouldn't sleep and I would count the hours down until I could call the doctor. But the worst was when I would have all of them up in one night! One time I remember getting up with Logan around 11:00 after he threw up, getting back to bed around 12:30 after cleaning it up and getting him settled back in, and then just as I layed down Kolby started crying and had wet his bed. Another cleaning up and getting him settled down. It was around 2:00 now and just as I was drifting off to sleep Preston started crying! It took me about an hour to feed him and settle him down. And then it started all over again with Logan throwing up. I didn't sleep hardly at all that night! I was doing laundry and cleaning up and feeding the baby all night!! It was insane!!! I remember Christine telling me to never count the hours of sleep I got because it would make me crazy. That was after I had Logan, so I stopped counting early on. Hang in there Deb. Soon all your kids will be well again and you can get to know your bed again as well!!!
I remember when Kaela didn't feel very well before going to sleep and I put a bowl by her bed, "just in case." Unfortunately, it was Ethan who threw up all the way to the bathroom and then finished right in front of the toilet. He didn't even make a drop of it in there. When we got him settled and put a bowl next to his bed, Kaela was waiting in the wings to finally be sick. Hours later, we here more puking, but this time it was Raechel. Thankfully, she made it to the bathroom. Then, I started not feeling well and threw up a few times myself. When I woke up in the morning, feeling awful I was so jealous that Steve hadn't gotten sick, but I was wrong. He was just really quiet about it. The only one not throwing up that night was Eli. Lucky boy.
Oh, I truly cannot remember them. I've blocked them out, LOL. But picture this:
Class #2 of martial arts for Kiddo. He refuses to participate. Again. I remove his socks & shoes while he's sitting on a stool. He throws a fit and ends up sliding backward, hitting his head on the table the stool is at, and grabbing onto the table's legs for dear life while wailing with resentment and terror. That was the beginning.
Class #3 of martial arts for Kiddo. This is yesterday. He refuses to participate. Again. Because "his bare feet are cold." (He runs around barefoot most of the day.) He does not get to run around on the floor outside of the mat. He sits with me and watches. 35/40 minutes in, after much whining and fussing and "I'm TI-RED"-ing, he becomes increasingly insistent on leaving. I tell him we're staying until the end of class and plop him back onto my lap... at which point he punches me IN THE NOSE.
We go sit in a changing room to cool down, and I leave the door open for his protection.
After class, we head to Walmart to get him the fan I'd told him we'd get if he stayed in his room all night instead of coming into our room when he woke up in the middle of the night.
He's put himself reasonably back together, but my BP is, I'm sure, still sky-high. On our way to the home furnishing section, he swings his arms around and knocks down a mid-aisle display of plastic organizer cabinets. I scold him and replace the item he knocked down. He continues to - alternately - fuss and bark orders.
Then he collapses onto the floor and refuses to walk. When I pick him up, he shrieks, screams, and swings at me.
We are SO. DONE.
I inform him that we are NOT getting him the fan that day and pick him up to carry him out. The shrieks and wails and "I NEEEEED A FAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!"s carry throughout the store, but I simply repeat my explanation that we are not getting a fan, with this sort of behavior.
We get to the parking lot, at which point he wiggles down to collapse onto the ground again, and so I look like a kidnapper as I try to grab him as he fights back. I succeed and continue explaining the fan denial, to him but really for the benefit of those around me, all the shrieking way to the car.
Then I get to buckle him.
I think you can envision how well that went.
Afterward, as I got into my seat, he unbuckled, at which point the spanking-in-public threat finally emerged from a very at-the-end-of-her-rope Mommy. He did NOT get back out of his seat.
The shrieks and wails did eventually subside, but not until after I'd dropped the library book on the rainy ground b/c I was too far from the return to reach it. (Yeah, I totally was NOT going to attempt to enter the library.)
But we all survived, and Mommy and Daddy are helping Kiddo remember who's in charge and how to treat people.
Today has been measurably better, but we have not yet left the house.
Hope today is going better for you - being sick really stinks... the best thing I can hope to do is contain the mess when it strikes us... *hugs!!!*
I am so sorry you are having a hard time. It is no fun having sick kids. Here is my bad day story. A couple of days after coming home from the hospital with Elijah, Craig woke up tried to stand up and fell on his face. We look at his leg and it has doubled in size and is bright red. He goes to the insta care and they inform him he has an infection througout his leg and that he cannot put any weight on it for a few days or the infection will spread. As Craig was going through this I was trying to heal up from having a baby a mear 2 days prior. Zach was sick with a headcold and not sleeping or eating, Craig could not help me with either child and of course I was in pain. It was a pretty crummy time.
I'm sorry your day stunk that is no fun. I know we all go through days like that and we feel that it won't get better. I've had a lot of days like that I won't list, all I know is that we get up and go on because without us mom's our house, children, and husband would fall apart. I would love to just stay in bed all day but that will never happen.
I am TOTALLY here for you.
Post a Comment