Matt ended up going up to Clifton with just the girls this weekend. My body is still rebelling against me from not getting enough sleep. I'd rather not talk about it so I'm pretending that all is well in the world of health. I have to get well enough by this weekend because I'm teaching a truffle class. Can't disappoint the Relief Society in bringing chocolate goodness to everyone. Anyway, Matt and the girls had fun this weekend and came home with tons and tons of apples and plums. Also, Matt borrowed his moms food dryer. I've always wanted to use a dryer before and now I get my chance. Except I need your help. Does anyone have any trusted fruit leather recipes or tips on how to dry fruit??? My little mind is open and if you need to e-mail me anything let me know and I'll send you my address. Gotta do this quick though apples don't last forever...might have to make some apple betty this week I just hope I have the blasted energy to get everything done I need to.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Special Comments:
I hope your body gets itself in line soon. It is hard enough being a mom when you aren't feeling like crapola. :/ I wish I was closer so that I could come to that class too, I hope your going to get some picutres, it would be fun to see. :)Get well soon.
I have made fruit leather with peaches, but never apples. I just used pureed fruit, and it tasted fabulous. My recipe book says with apples you can puree with our without the peels, but to core the fruit first. My directions said to lightly oil the sheets before pouring on the fruit, which I always forget to do. It makes it a little tricky to peel the leather off, but it will still come off once you get the edges up. I like to cut the rolls into small pieces, about 2 or 3 inches long and wrap in plastic wrap. My kids love them! I saw your blog on Ostlers blog. Good luck with your fruit leather.
I would also add a little bit of lemon to help hold the color of the apples. Can I get your truffle recipe? I hope you get feeling better really soon.
Post a Comment