
Macey has seemed to come full circle with her words finally. Matt and I thought there was something wrong with her because she hardly ever talked. We were so used to little miss Maryn chatterbox who started forming words at 6 months. Little did I know Macey had no need to talk because her sister did all the talking for her. In the past month Macey's vocabulary has exploded. Which is funny because my friend said you can tell she has a lot to say and once she started talking the words were going to flood out of her mouth and they are. I've noticed the words that she uses the most are the ones she can associate with her sign language. And when we got more dedicated to reading to her religiously every night she can't get enough of books and will repeat the words we read. Yesterday she said her first full sentence. I'm going to have to check with Matt because my brain is fried but it was on the lines of "Where did my blanket go?" as she was looking in every corner of her room to find it. Some other things she says are, "baby geeking" which translated is baby sleeping. When we ask her to say Mason's name she says Macey. Then when she tries to says Mason's name she say Mainkin and tries and tries to say it right then settles with May May or brudder.
Her hair had a tragic accident thanks to Me this week. I needed to trim her bangs and got a little scissor happy when my fever was high and it didn't help I was listening to my other half telling me I need to trim more off the sides. NEVER CUT YOUR KIDS HAIR WHEN YOU HAVE A FEVER. Which ended up in tears for me because I cut my babies beautiful hair off more than I wanted to. She kept moving and the hair kept getting more uneven and there is a point of no return where you have to accept it and stop even though it looks horrid. Hopefully she can forgive me later in life. I don't want Macey to get lost in the middle so hopefully we can defy the middle child syndrome and make her feel as special as we can.





Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Words are worth their weight in Gold
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 Special Comments:
Macey sure is a special little girl.t
I really do think that Macy and Zach were best friends in Heaven.They are so much alike. It is so cute to hear them start to talk. Oh and by the way her hair does not look bad at all it is really cute.
She is so adorable. I love those curls! My brother Wayne was just like Macey in the talking department. Why did he need to say anything when he had three older sisters to talk for him. Drove my my mom batty, but he made up for it. :) Sounds like Macey is gaining ground. Hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment