Sundays are kind of hectic in the Murdock household because of meetings galore. My dear sweet husband this morning fixed breakfast for all of us...waffles, cheesy eggs(his specialty) and bacon...just delightful. I think he's always worried about me eating because sometimes I forget when I get busy even though I LOVE food. Found it kind of funny that we had this feast in front of us and Maryn was complaining that all she wanted this morning was cereal. The breakfast was wonderful and I hurried and went to my meeting and left my poor husband for a substantial amount of time to get himself ready and two little girls. When I came home he came up to me and started the conversation with I cleaned the waffle maker and had it propped up on the table to drip dry and when I went upstairs I heard this huge crash. He told me he kind of broke my waffle iron. I looked at it and said so it is broken shaking my head in agreement. Technically I could still use it but there are some exposed wires. I didn't say much but inside I was shouting for joy...WOOHOO I GET A NEW WAFFLE IRON!!! I've been wanting one for a while but couldn't justify buying a new one when the old one worked just fine. It has served us well for the past 7 years but now it's time to move on. Thank you honey for allowing me to get a new kitchen appliance and you didn't even know that I wanted it!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Special Comments:
Heehee!!! Yay! :-) That makes a lot more sense than being secretly glad Kiddo broke a glass so we're back to an even number... not that I would *ever* feel that way... ;-)
I wish Kirk would break ours! I hate it, and it's going on 13 years old now!! You'll have to show us what you get.
LOL...I don't even remember how old our waffle maker was, but one day it had been left on way too long too many times, so when they went to use it, it popped and blew out.
Last week...was a new crockpot. The sad thing was the old one was only 1 year old and developed a crack in the crock all by itself. Oh, well. It was a huge 7 quart one I found on clearance that ended up being too big for even our family of teenagers. Within a week of buying it I saw a 5 quart I would have liked better. So, now I have the five quart one I really wanted.
I love it when a plan comes together.
Post a Comment