I'm about 4 weeks behind in posts so bear with me as I do catch up. This has been a crazy fun month. The weekend of July 4th we had our annual Family Camp. It was our first Family Camp in a few years since Mom and Dad Murdock has been in Nigeria for the past 2 summers.
Dad Murdock woke us up with a bang literally(he says it was an M-80 but it sounded bigger than that) 4th of July with the band Starz playing in the background complements of brother Mike. I think we ate non stop the whole weekend that we were there.
The kids kept busy with there four wheelers and dirt bike. We don't have fun toys like that so we were trying to figure out how we could contribute and Matt ended up buying a volleyball net which we doubled as a badmitten net. It was a huge success! Maryn got her time in on the four wheelers. She would ask everyone and anyone to take her riding. Even Grandpa Murdock took her for a ride a few times around the yard.

We had great devotionals every night. The last night Grandpa Murdock gave each of the families a gift and it was all of our e-mails to them that we sent on there mission. This was to help us get started on our life histories.
Mom and Dad Murdock had cousin camp the week after that and Maryn was sad that she couldn't go but she ended up go back up there the week after to stay with them while Mommy was at girl's camp. So, it all worked out.
The boys got a chance to play football. Clifton really is a beautiful place. Very peaceful. I enjoyed watching the games while the huge mountains were out in the distance.
The kids had a slip and slide to have fun on. Maryn had trouble at first knowing she had to take turns. She still doesn't get the aspect of sliding on her tummy so half the time she would skating down the slide and biff it in the pool at the end.


The kids were entertaining us with the dress up clothes downstairs.Pictured is actually my nephew. I'm not sure what his attachment is to the wig but ever since he was little he would
always dress up and come upstairs to make us laugh.
Maryn passed out within 2 minutes of leaving Grandma's and Grandpa's and didn't wake up until the next morning. She didn't even budge when we whisked her up to bed. I guess this means she had fun.

Now what 75 year old still rides four wheelers. This will be my husband in 45 years.






3 Special Comments:
Sounds like so much fun! No wonder Maryn zonked!
Maryn looks like such a big kid. I was looking at the scenic pictures behind Maryn and wishing I could be somewhere that quiet and laid back. Family is so great!
Wow! I would love to have a family activity like that. Maybe we should put something together! Hey, we want to come down in April, are you up for that?!!
Post a Comment