Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a very busy weekend but seemed to fit everything in we had set out to do. Mom and Dad Murdock stayed the weekend with us. Maryn was glued to them the whole time. Who coudn't blame her when Grandpa Murdock is the M&M man.

Saturday, before they came, we planted out first garden. It may be small but it's ours!!! We planted carrots, beans, peas, onions and cucumbers. Three weeks earlier we planted tomato plants, peppers and strawberries in containers. Which I might add I have a little baby green pepper growing...I'm so excited that I didn't kill it. We had a good system going...Matt plotted the garden first then I made the holes, Maryn put in the seeds and Daddy covered the holes then Maryn stomped through all the progress we were making. Hopefully we'll have some success. There were so many other things I wanted to plant but we didn't have enough room. Melons, potatoes and corn will have to be next year. Once we have some growth in the garden I'll take some pictures.

On Sunday afternoon we visited the Elysian Gardens Cemetary where Elizabeth Murdock is buried. This would be Matt's sister. She would've been somewhere around 47 years old. It was a beautiful day. Matt and Alve cleaned up the head stone a little and Mom Murdock left some flowers for the gravesite. A lot of the gravesites were younger children that had passed on and it's comforting to know that at some point we will be able to see them again. Hope and faith in the eternities in itself is a wonderful thing.

1 Special Comments:

Unknown said...

*subdued sniffle* YES.

And congrats on getting your garden going (and growing! ;-) Hope it goes well!!!