I hope my girls don't mind me posting these but I had fun making them. For one of our Young Women activities we made Lip Gloss and there was a poem that accompanied it which reads:
YW Lip Gloss - Guaranteed to soften lips--only if you soften your words!
I have this pot of lip gloss, I'll put some on each day.
I do it to remind me To choose the words I say.
I'll try to speak with kindness To everyone I meet.
I'll try to spread some happiness To those that I may greet.
This pot of gloss reminds me Of the values I hold dear,
The colors are so cheerful And the message is so clear.
If I want to live the gospel I'll choose each word I say.
I'll speak in just the kindest words And I won't forget to pray!
I do it to remind me To choose the words I say.
I'll try to speak with kindness To everyone I meet.
I'll try to spread some happiness To those that I may greet.
This pot of gloss reminds me Of the values I hold dear,
The colors are so cheerful And the message is so clear.
If I want to live the gospel I'll choose each word I say.
I'll speak in just the kindest words And I won't forget to pray!
We talked a little about being kind, giving compliments and how it made them feel. Then, I had each of the girls write down a compliment for each of the girls that attended. It took me a month but I digitally scrapbooked each of their Compliment Name Pages and they turned out better than I thought they would. I handed out a few yesterday and when they opened their envelope and started reading their eyes lit up.
3 Special Comments:
Deb, that is the neatest thing ever! You are an awesome young womans leader and those girls will cherish those pages for a long time! What a great service you did for them and for thier self esteem.
Beautiful!!! In so many ways!!!
They turned out great! I love how you tried to match the themes to their personalities. Too cool!
Post a Comment