Growing up our family was always the one that was a decade behind everyone. Everyone had the internet... we didn't even own a computer...my Grandma showed us how to use juno e-mail for the first time. People were listening to cassettes...we still had 8 tracks and laser disks. Everyone had graduated to the Super NES ...we just got the original Nintendo console...you know the one where when the cassettes were being quirky you'd blow on game to get it to work again. You know you're old when your daughter sees a vinyl for the first time and she asks why the cd is so BIG! So it's no big surprise that for years I haven't had text nor had I ever sent a text in my life time. I'm proud to say we have 'almost' arrived into the 21st century. We now have text and I sent my first text on Saturday. I thought something magical would happen and choirs would begin to sing and the heavens would open but nope. Just another day. Thanks Al by the way for texting back so quick or I would've wondered all night if I had done it right. Now just to get with the times and invest in a smart phone. Baby steps...baby steps.
Friday, May 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 Special Comments:
Welcome to texting!! It's ok...I only JUST got a smart phone. And the only reason I got it was because it's a work phone and they provided it. I'd probably still be on my flip phone if not. Haha!
We're the same way. We got our first cell phone about four years ago and it is the simplest, bottom of the line machine. Tom still doesn't text. ha ha
Don't you worry. I don't even have a cell phone! LOL You'll get sucked in quick enough.
I feel like we are that way now! Just think 20 years from now MY kids will be thinking the same things you do! We don't have a Wii, we have an old X-box, we don't have cell phones, we have a land line, we don't even use i-pods, my boys have portable cd players!! Congrats on the text though, that's awesome!
Post a Comment