I was doing dishes today while the kids were playing outside...AH, YES SILENCE! And I had the thought that we were 'at a good place'. After I thought that I hesitated to think further on that because whenever I have had that feeling soon after our whole world is turned upside down and inside out. So I'm knocking, knocking, knocking on wood all around me. Yeh, I'm a bit superstitious. Granted being at a good place doesn't mean I'm absent of all my struggles, doesn't mean that I don't get frustrated, it doesn't mean that everything is roses and tulips but things are okay. For me to make that admission is huge because letting go is difficult. I think there are times where you struggle through some things and it comes to a point where you have to make peace with it. Accept things for what they are and move on. It's a hard thing to come to grips with at times to be able to move on from things or to be at peace.
We have made it our mission so to speak to have peace in our home. And sometimes in order to have peace in your home you have to gain peace with yourself. As you get older you realize how important having peace in your life becomes. And this might sound funny but you have to fight or work harder to have peace in your life. I can't tell you what that peace is...it's different for everyone. You have to figure out what that is in your life, grab it, take hold of it and guard it with your life because that peace will be sacred. It will be your beacon of light that you'll be able to cling too when the waters get rough. I have no idea why I'm writing my thoughts down but here is to a new week!
Sunday, May 5, 2013
At a Good Place
at 9:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Special Comments:
Post a Comment