Sunday, September 30, 2012

Public Gaffe

Have you ever said something in public and wish you hadn't.  It leaves your mouth and you can't get it back and then your doomed.  Well, I had one of those moments today.  I said something out loud and I should've just kept my little yapper shut and I think I probably offended 90% of the people around me and made an idiot of myself(something I so desperately try to avoid at all costs).  The reasons for saying what I did had nothing to do with what I was feeling at the moment it just came out in frustration.  So, after a few minutes I quietly excused myself and left the situation.  Who knows what people are thinking of me and by my little outburst I probably won't be making any new friends any time soon.  It wasn't meant to target any group by any means and if anyone knows even an ounce about me they know that I would never intentionally do something or seek out to hurt anyone's feelings.  Matt, in all his wisdom, said to me you don't give an offense, someone only takes it...or something like that meaning people can choose or not to take offense to something.  He on the other hand just laughed at me when I told him what happened.  I'm glad I'm at least loved by someone and he can at least find the humor in it.  That being said I think I'll hole myself up in my house this week and drown myself in projects that I have created for myself.  Be grateful for the friends that I have that understand me and don't judge me in anyway.  I think I'm losing it...you know how the older people get the less censored their comments are...well, maybe I've just sped up the process and living my golden years a little earlier.

3 Special Comments:

AJ said...

I totally understand although I usually do my best ones one on one. There are/were a couple people in the ward that took offense at something I accidentally said. Both times it was totally innocent and no offense was meant. I partially agree with Matt. Most of the time you can't give offense...people just take offense no matter what you way. Sometimes, though, people intend to give offense and that's not good. I'm sure you weren't doing that, so take your time and then face them once again.

Anonymous said...

i would've been right there with ya, this isof the reasons why we're friends and we can be senile and grouchy together

Shannon said...

I'm so with you there. Happens to me all the time!