Sunday, September 2, 2012

Making a tradition of...

Well, this weekend didn't go as originally planned.  Remember the series of 3 weddings.  This weekend we were supposed to be in Albion, ID at this cool place called the Albion Campus Retreat.  We were supposed to be there for our family camp slash big wedding on Saturday night.  I kind of had to screw things up though because this week I hadn't been feeling well and Thursday night is when I crashed...literally crashed on my pillow at about 8:00 and didn't wake up until noon the next day.  I remember vaguely my husband asking me if he needed to take the day off work and then I was out again.  I decided if I had any chance of going this weekend I better be seen.  I suspected I knew what it was but my other half was doubtful.  Guess who won that argument...ME!  Yeah, I'm a little happy about it because it's nice to be right every once in a while.  Not happy though that I'm missing out to be with family. Turned out I have strep and it's kicking my butt.  I haven't had this since I was a little girl barely old enough to remember.  I'm in my fourth day and finally can sit up in bed and stand up straight for at least 15 minutes before I get too tired and have to lay down again.  So hubby is taking care of me and he made the comment that I better get well soon because it's exhausting making 3 meals a day and trying to run the house.  At least I'll get a little empathy until he goes back to work.  And to boot it's my birthday today.  My husband and I are making a tradition of one of us or both of us being sick on our birthday.  Lousy tradition if you ask me...something we will definitely have to break somehow.  So if you're racking your brain...Oh what should I get Deb for her birthday?...just leave a can of chicken noodle soup with a ribbon wrapped around the top and leave it on the doorstep with happy thoughts to get better soon.

I also declare that there should be a national natural beauty day where not one single woman in the world wears makeup and show their natural beauty to the world.  But, everyone would have to participate or else it wouldn't be fair.  I haven't worn any make up since Thursday and it's been kind of nice.

3 Special Comments:

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday dear friend! I hope that you start feeling better!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday!! So sorry you're sick - that's no good. Get better quickly.

AJ said...

Happy belated birthday. Hey, I'll join you on the natural beauty day. I haven't worn make-up since 199...I can't remember. (Other than the one day last year when Hymns of Thanksgiving was going on.