I've been blogging deficient as of late. I'm always seeing people having biographies done about their life or movies made. If you did either of those about mine it would be rather boring. Fifty pages alone would be about different cleaning methods and what works. One hundred of those pages would be trying to get the motivation to actually doing half of those cleaning methods. One chapter would be on the complexity of my children and how they will need counseling when they get older because of my parenting. Maybe I'm just touching on the surface of things. A lot of things have been going on it's just hard to pinpoint what to write. I guess I'll just throw some randomness out there. I'm always good at that.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Goals and Confessions
My kids have been channeling their inner Elton John. These glasses were a present from Daddy to Macey for Christmas. You can't go wrong when there is a Rapunzel figure on it. Macey thought it was so hilarious to let Buddy try on the glasses. Look at Buddy's chiclet teeth. They are huge for a one year old!
Maryn has been off track and we still have a week and a half to go. She's been keeping busy by playing outside with the limited snow that we have. I just want it to snow HUGE and get it over with. None of this teasing and it melts away. She also has been goofing off with her sister. I hope they can be best friends when they get older. There is something about being able to have a sister that you trust and just understands your weirdness that's refreshing.
We also tried rag rolling Macey's hair. There are a lot of things we'll try differently for next time. Her hair was very boofy and so I think I'm going to get some soft material and roll it up inside the strips I have so it has a thicker circumference if that makes sense and sew it shut to secure. I'm trying to find good uses for my extra material hanging around. It looked pretty cute once I settled down the frizziness. Sorry no after pic I forgot.
Daddy has us all working on or goals and got them printed out for the kids.
Maryn's goals are: learn how to swim, write 20, 1 page stories, finish Charlotte's Web and other's.
Macey's goals are: Learn ABC's by sight and sound, learn number 1-20, ride her bike w/o training wheels, learn 3 primary songs.
Mason's goals are: learn to say the ABC's, learn to sing a song, learn to use the potty.
The kids are excited because he said that if they finish off any of their goals he will get the biggest ice cream shake for them. So they are excited to complete their goals. I hopefully will have some things finished in the next few weeks to show for on my list too. I just got my first 12x12's in. I have one more company to try and compare to see which I like better. So amazing to see your work on a finished page. I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to make this come to fruition(vocab word for the day look it up).
I've been keeping pretty busy and I have to fess up. I always joke around to people that are making the commitment to exercise that I wouldn't be able to commit to going "out" and exercising or that I'm not a runner. Ya see, my friends are trying to get me to join exercise group and in all seriousness I probably wouldn't be able to get my butt down there to exercise because I am 'exercise in groups' shy (Basketball and Volleyball TOTALLY different story). It's almost my zen time to block everything out and if there were other people around I would goof off. BUT I have to fess up I have been exercising now for a long time on my own. My hubby and I have supported each other with changes that we have needed to make and it's nice to have that little extra help. I get about 4 to 5 good runs on the elliptical a week and trade off with my pilates. Check this out...between the two of us we have already broke the belt on our elliptical. Our exercise equipment sees a lot of use. Hoping to get an upgrade that can support the abuse we give it. I'm feeling stronger. Some days it's really hard to find energy but I've been pushing myself and am always glad afterwards and have been able to increase the times of my runs. So there is my confession.
I hope everybody's week is what they make of it. Work hard today you never know what tomorrow will bring.
at 11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 Special Comments:
I totally know what you mean about exercising in groups. It's so much easier to do it on your own where you can really focus. Good for you for your runs!
And thanks for your comments on my blog. I read the "Living the Abundant Life" and loved it! Thanks Deb!
You forgot the bazillion pages on all the acts of amazing service you have done. You are a wonderful and very funny gal!! Way to go on exercising, I need some of that drive!
i knew you were a closet excerciser.i'm impressed that you're motivated enough to do it when you won't get interrupted, i'd probably just veg on the couch
Post a Comment