Sunday, August 29, 2010

For the last month...

Sorry for the lack of posting. This last month my sweet 14 year niece stayed with us for the whole month. I got a taste of what it's going to feel like to have someone older in the house and it was glorious!! I can't wait for Maryn to be old enough to babysit and be able to do things on her own. She thinks she's old enough now but still has a lot of learning to do. Some of the things we were able to do this past month were:

Temple Hopping (3 temples in one day)
Temple Square
The Church History Museum
Swimming
School Carnival
Drive up Little Cottonwood Canyon
TONS of movies at home
Went OUT to a movie "How to Train your Dragon"
School Shopping
Quilting
Baking Cookies
This is the Place Monument
Petting Zoo
Gardner Village

...and a ton of other shtuff! Thanks Raechie for coming to stay with us and helping keep the kids entertained.

4 Special Comments:

Meg said...

She was so much fun at YW. I'll get those pictures printed so you can send her one.

Mason is SOOO big. Chipmunk cheeks for sure.

Unknown said...

What awesome pictures!!! :) I'm so glad you got to visit with your niece, and that you've been getting to enjoy more activities lately!!! :) And isn't _How to Train Your Dragon_ AWESOME?!?! We had no expectations at all, but we LOVED it!!! Definitely a keeper for us, once it comes out...

Anne Marie Corey said...

Thanks for keeping her well and sending her back unscathed. She had a wonderful time and has been in a good mood sense she got back. That's nice! BTW, I'm stealing the pictures.

A Forever Family said...

So I guess it was someone's birthday the other day. I don't have your email address so I'll have to leave you a message here.... "Happy Late Birthday Debs!" Hope you had a good one. Where are you these days? We are finally back up in the NW, it feels good to be home, though we greatly miss our Nebraska Home. =)Tanya