Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Matty's Birthday Debut


Another year has come and gone and Matt is well on his way into his 30's...oops was I not supposed to disclose that? He is aging quite well and for Murdock's the older you get the more handsome they become. Maryn and I surprised Daddy by making him a birthday cake with a fish theme because we got him fishing gifts. I had it in my head what it was going to look like and I even surprised myself how cute it turned out. Surrrre...it was probably a cake appropriate for an 8 year old but sometimes I do feel like I have a third kid in the house.


We woke up early in the morning and made homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream. Then started on the cake. The cake toppers were made using candy melts and lollie pop sticks. I like to paint ornaments so why not paint with candy and chocolate! We wrapped Matt's presents which was a fishing vest and fillet knife. Then tried to clean up the house before he came home.

We are so thankful for our Daddy who works so hard. We hope you had a good birthday!

Love,
All your girls(poor guy)

4 Special Comments:

Alison said...

My kids LOVED those suckers. They thought they were the coolest thing ever. I must say, you have a gift! Hope Matt had a great day!

The Crazy Heads said...

Happy Birthday Matt!!!!! Hope you have/had a great day. You have the coolest wife ever!

AJ said...

Great cake! And I think I have a fifth kid around here too. I don't think they ever really grow up.

Undaunted said...

Happy Birthday Matt! I love the cake. Yumm-ee