Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In Memory of Lady

(This was written on July 14th...I know, I know I'm a little behind)

I know this may seem ridiculous to most people but I've been crying for the last hour because we had to say goodbye to Lady. Lady was our GMC Yukon. Matt bought her the same time I bought Speedy and when I married Matt I swore I would never drive Lady because she scared me. About 2 years went by and I would only drive her if we were on a trip. When we moved down to Boise after we had Maryn, Lady became my full time car. It made me so nervous to drive but after a while I got used to it. After having a car for 8 years you don't realize what all the great memories you have and it becomes hard to part with. After I cleaned her out and had to walk away I got this lump in my throat that I had betrayed her and couldn't help but getting choked up. I'm just gonna post a couple memories that we have with her and what I'll miss.

Going to the Coast...This was my first official date with Matt after we met. Who knew 8 years later we would be married with 2 kids.



Numerous Trunk O' Treats over the years.



Off roading up Clifton Basin



Cutting down our Christmas Tree in Idaho City



Tons of other trips too that I don't have digital photos of...they were with my 35mm. One time we were in Seattle and I told Matt that I wanted to drive up into the mountains just so I could make a snow man. So we jumped in the car drove 30 minutes to the snowline and made a snowman and went home. Good times! I know I'm lame but I'll really miss Lady.

3 Special Comments:

ryan said...

It's always sad when you lose one... What happened?

Undaunted said...

Nothing wrong with missing a car, especially when so many good memories are attached. :)

Donnie and Christina said...

LOL! You guys name your cars?!! To funny! RIP Lady...hope you get a great new owner!