Friday, June 28, 2013

Just a wee bit excited

Okay I know money doesn't by happiness but buying things that I've wanted for a really long time makes me happy.  And why you ask?  First of all I got a killer deal on it!  Second, I rarely if ever buy something frivolous.  And if you know my history I look at things for months even years and usually end up missing the opportunity to buy what I've been looking at because it gets discontinued.  Not any more!  A little history 3 years ago I got the go ahead to get a new comforter set for my birthday.  I searched and searched and had found 3 different comforter sets over the course of the last few years each at one point or another being discontinued.  About 6 months ago I started looking again and found one which was an absorbent amount of money then all of a sudden jcpenney decided they wanted to bring back coupons and giving 20% off of your order which as a result shot the price up even higher.  I can't pay for a bedding set that is almost half my mortgage.  I resolved that I would probably have to make it which I really didn't feel like doing...I know Miss Crafter not wanting to make something, what is the world coming to?  I got really depressed because our comforter set of 10 years is literally in shreds.  Fast forward to now, just on a whim I did a search for the set again and noticed the price had been reduced but still not enough for what I would pay for it.  One last ditch effort I noticed Dillards was one of the company's on there and they had the comforter set on sale in their clearance department.  They are discontinuing it!  My heart sunk until I realized there was still a few sets left.  I'm nervous and excited...yes I live for little things.  I'm making it my mission to make my bedroom a place of serenity and peace and this will be the nice focal point.  And I may steal a few of their ideas in this pic too.  I love the color of the walls and the pussy willows or whatever they are.


2 Special Comments:

The Wendt Wagon said...

Your family pictures are georgeous. They were definatly worth the 12 year wait. You have not changed an single ounce. You look amazing. Your children are so adorable. PS, I am glad you finally splurged and bought something for yourself. You will love coming to your room that much more now.

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you got a great deal, too!!! :) Have fun putting it all together! :)