I've conditioned my kids to accept taxes as a normal thing in our household. When Maryn was young she would ask me for water. I would pour it then right before I would give it to her I would call out "water tax" and take a sip. The first time I did this she was really upset. After while she would then ask me if I didn't take a sip if I was going to take my tax. They find it kind of funny now. Yesterday I sat the kids down and gave them some fruit snacks which is very rare in our home to have those. I jokingly told them to give me their fruit snack tax. I was prepared for them to say NO WAY MOM but Buddy willingly gave me one of his coveted purple fruit snack and Macey followed suit. I felt a little bad afterward but taxes are alive and well in our household.
The picture below was the reason we had fruit snacks in the first place. I took the kids to the zoo during Spring break. Slowly but surely I'm facing my fears and taking them out to public places by myself. We had a lot of fun and it was a positive experience thank goodness!
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Snacks Tax
at 10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Special Comments:
glad you were able to get out with them and that it went well. i hope this means you'll be able to come and play more with us during the summer
Post a Comment