Who knew after nine years Matt and I would make such a great team! I think both of us had our doubts before we married but today is our 9th anniversary...we were looking back the other day at what has transpired over the last 9 years and it has flown by!! Almost scary how fast it has gone. We've had our ups and downs. I can not tell you how blessed I am to have this man in my life. He truly completes me and has made me a better person. He challenges me in ways that in any other way I would admit defeat and give up but he helps me to push forward. I'm thankful that we can be ourselves in our relationship and laugh uncontrollably at funny things after this long. One of my worries before getting married was what if I run out of things to talk about? But with Matt even in silence I just enjoy being with him. He is a great husband and even a more amazing Daddy to our 3 "active" kids. I don't think they know how lucky they are to have a Daddy that cares so much for them.
So, a little story you may or may not have heard from me. This story dates back all the way to our first official date. We had been talking at a get together and he had mentioned how he had never been to the ocean and would like to go. So, me being me invited myself along with him and little did I know that was his plan from the start. Never to really ask a girl out but let them do it for him. First part of the date he changed my brakes then we were off to the ocean. We had a lot of time to talk on the way there and I could tell that he was different and very reserved...at first...not very forth coming about specific details just kind of playing it cool. It was SOOO hard to read him. When we got to the ocean we walked around for a bit and on the beach we were rescuing crabs from the seagulls trying to throw them back into the water before they became lunch. When we were walking down the beach I noticed a coin on the sand and quickly picked it up and said, "look a quarter" then a few steps down the beach I found another one and this time I picked it up and squealed, "Oooooo, a Canadian quarter...I wonder where all these came from". And Matt replied, "Maybe they washed up from Canada" and me being a dork was like, "Oh that's so cool let's go find more". So I was searching all over the beach and the next time I turned around to say something to Matt and noticed he was flicking Canadian currency in front of me while I was walking and I had no clue and he was laughing so hard! I felt like such an idiot. And that was our first date.
I'm thankful I didn't scare him off from my ditsy behavior and that he got to know me for me. I look forward to many more years of fun and laughter.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Who Knew after Nine Years
This picture was taken on our honeymoon!
at 2:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Special Comments:
LOL!!! What a fun first date story... :)
And this is such a happy post! Finding fulfillment in each other, and enjoying the journey *and* the goals... so cool. Here's to more Canadian currency moments! ;)
That is awesome! LOL Nothing like being our real selves from the beginning. You are going to have some great times ahead. Marc and I are coming up on 14 here in a few weeks. You will be amazed at how your love can grow and get more wonderful even in a few short years. You are wonderful. :)
Nine years, that sounds long, crazy how fast it goes by though. Eric and I are coming up on our 11 year anniversary soon. Now that makes me feel old. =)
Hope you two crazy love birds were able to take the time to celebrate your special day. =) Tanya
Post a Comment