Thursday, March 24, 2011

Patches

If you have children then you suffer from the same problem I have of holes in almost every pair of jeans.  I was getting so frustrated because I think we have bought no less than 10 pairs of jeans since the beginning of the school year.  I know there are places that you buy certain pairs of jeans and they'll replace them the only problem is my daughter is a bean pole and we have to get her a certain type of jean.

I was just going to make cut offs out of them when my husband suggested I try something else.  He gave me the idea and I ran with it putting my own spin on it.  And the cool thing is it didn't cost me anything out of pocket.  Granted they are not perfect and she won't be wearing them in public but these will officially be her play pants.  I ended up making my own patches with left over material I had and I used other scraps of her old jeans also.  This was the end product.  I don't think they look that bad and Maryn loves them.  Like I said FAR from perfect but they'll do in a pinch and save me spending money until the warmer weather comes.  At least her little knees will be protected when she's playing outside.  On the circle patch I had originally sewn on a button and after thinking about it that wasn't the smartest thing so I took it off.  Don't need an imprint of a button on her knee when she falls.




4 Special Comments:

Unknown said...

Those are adorable, Debbie!!! :) Great job! And for the record, I think they're perfectly presentable. :) I'm glad Miss Maryn loves 'em, too! :)

Michelle said...

These turned out adorable and just great for a playful, growing girl, even at school. Your blog is so cute (I love all the pictures) I miss seeing you all the time. layla just ripped a hole in her jeans the other day (which is actually a rare thing in our house?) and I was just thinking about all the cute patches I have seen in the past and wished,yet again that I had a sewing machine to play with.

Anonymous said...

i love them, hannah has a hole in all her jeans and drew just patched them with material from her old jeans, but i like your idea better. i really need to learn to sew so i can do cute things like that

The Crazy Heads said...

I think they look great. what a good idea.