Sunday, March 20, 2011

A few quiet moments and time to jot down some thoughts

I have a few spare moments and noticed I hadn't written for a while.  Things have been extremely busy around here and that's how I like it.  It's nice to be needed.  It's nice to have things to do and places to go.  It's nice to have amazing friends to shoot the breeze with and be yourself.  It's nice to have work to accomplish and on occasion see the finish product of your work.  Things are good!

I have been very humbled at how blessed I have been.  I always worry when things are going well in my life I expect it to be taken away because sometimes I think it's too good to be true to be happy.  For some reason, I'm not going to worry about it this time around.  If the bad comes let it come it won't change how I feel about the people I love.  I have been amazed by how cool my children are.  Not by our doing...they are just amazing little individuals and they make me happy.  And I'm very grateful for such an amazing husband.  He has been working so hard for our family so I can stay home with our children.  My heart broke for this sister in our ward.  She just had her third baby and her work asked her to come back early to work.  Her kids were torn up that she had to go back.  She made the comment how she wish it was back in the day when the women stayed home and cared for their children, kept house and the husband could support them on one income.  She said that's just impossible now.  I stood there not knowing how to reply and felt guilty because I have been so blessed to stay home with my children since day one.  At first I didn't understand what a blessing this one but now I try to make everyday count.  While in the meantime making our home a place where the kids want to be.

This weekend the girls and I had an opportunity to play outside and get some yard work done while Daddy studied for an upcoming test.  I work/played stopping every so often to help them gather their little buddies(worms) and relocate them to safer living quarters in the garden area then push them on the swing.  I'm so excited for Spring to be officially here and be able to work in the yard to make it our little oasis.  This time last year I was too pregnant to get the energy to work outside and the poor yard was neglected big time.  I realized I like to help make things beautiful.  It just takes a little time and hard work sometimes.  Isn't that how it is with life?  Sometimes it just takes a little or a lot of time and hard work and the end product will be so beautiful!

I hope everyone has a great week!  Here are some random pictures over the last month.  Enjoy!

 Maryn named this piece of work Dottie..notice May Bear lost another tooth!

 The Lego Head Family



 Notice Mason's first bruiser on his forehead
 Kiss me hot lips
 Mason loving on Grandma
 Macey fell asleep while reading her Elmo book

Need I say anything?  We had a little too much fun during lunchtime at Mason's expense.  You can tell how happy is about it.

4 Special Comments:

Shannon said...

Those pictures are so cute! That little Mason is getting so big, and so are the girls. It is a blessing to be a stay at home mom. My mom was until we were old enough and then she went back to work. It was always nice coming home from school having her there with after school snacks or something. I always hope and pray that the young mothers I work with get to someday be stay at home mom's.

AJ said...

I was glad to stay at home, too. It was a struggle sometimes and we had to sacrifice some things, but it was worth it. I wish everyone could find a way to do it. I only worked about 18 months while the kids were little, and started my "career" when they were all in school.

Undaunted said...

LOL, what cute picture. :) I know that it isn't always easy but I am so grateful that I get to stay home too. It is a great blessing to be there for our kids. I am excited about my yard too. It isn't quite spring yet here, but it is coming!

Unknown said...

Very cool! And I LOVE Maycie's waves - her hair is just GORGEOUS!

And yeah - I feel really blessed to be able to stay home with the kid(s!); there are so many families that don't have it work out that way, and I am just amazed that we're able to make it work, you know?

Happy yard-working, and enjoy all the food fun you (or the kids) can handle, LOL!!! :)