Sunday, March 23, 2008

Food and smells!

For some reason something that sounds good to me one minute will sound repulsing the next. I've been struggling for the past month trying to figure out what to eat. For those of you who don't know we are expecting baby number two in October and for some reason I don't remember having this much "feeling of yuckiness" with Maryn. I had my worst day on Friday...needless to say I won't be eating Corn Flakes any time soon.

I think Maryn has finally caught on that Mommy has a baby in her tummy. She usually never shares her treats with me and today I asked her if I could have an M&M. She said no BUT the baby can have one and gave me one to eat for the baby. So all day she has been giving me jelly beans and M&M's letting me know that I needed to eat them so the candy could get to the baby in my tummy. I'm going to take her to my next appointment so she can hear the heartbeat.

Matt has been very sweet and understanding while I was laid up on Friday and Saturday. I made mention that he is so much nicer when I'm pregnant and he suggested that means I should be pregnant all the time. I opted out on that suggestion. Although I did get breakfast this morning so maybe I need to reconsider.

Foods that are in Favor

French Fries
Tator Tots
Baked Potatoes
Chicken Soft Tacos
Spaghetti
Pasta
mashed potatoes
BLT's
Pizza
(all these carbs are going to kill me)

Foods that are banned

Turkey Sandwiches
Corn Flakes
Juice
Ice Cream
Barbecued chicken
Tuna

Smells that get to me

Tuna
Bacon grease
This lotion that Matt puts on...I might have to hide that until after October!

So that's my list! It will probably change day by day!

5 Special Comments:

Anne Marie Corey said...

So, tuna fish sandwiches are out, huh?

Unknown said...

Oh, on the "pregnant all the time" thing - I tell ya - with what I'm feeling (all) last night and this morning, my thoughts are: "If this is anything like labor, count me the HECK OUT!!!"

Admittedly, pregnancy was not so bad for me, though, and I loved my maternity overalls!!! If you don't have some of those, you should! They're GREAT!!! :-)

Beth said...

Oh deb, I sure hope this passes and you feel better! And bacon grease makes me feel sick anyway!

The Crazy Heads said...

I did not know you were pregnant, congrats. I am so happy for you guys. Wait until you start to show then it will really click for Maryn. Good Luck, and may I make a suggestion: stay away from oatmeal, popcorn, and bagels. Those top my list of "things that are not good when coming up"

Dawn said...

I hear you when it comes to foods and smells. I still can't stand the thought of some foods. I also can barely stand the smell of a candle when it is first lit. I thought I was passed this until we lit a candle the other day and I had to cover my nose until the scent started to come. I hope you start feeling better soon!