Monday, March 17, 2008

Maryn's First Drawing!




We had a crazy fun weekend welcoming Mom and Dad Murdock back home from Nigeria. Maryn had tons of fun with her cousins and asked to go home with her Aunt Julie. For some reason she seems to like her Aunts and Uncles a lot more than Mom and Dad. On Sunday Mom and Dad gave their homecoming talks in church and did a wonderful job. I'm going to miss checking my e-mail every Sunday with all the experiences they would share with us. During the talks we were trying to keep Maryn somewhat entertained and we had given her a pen and paper to draw. I looked down and there was a face drawn on the paper. I looked at Matt and asked if he had drawn that and he said no. I was trying to figure out who had made the happy face. I looked at Maryn and asked her if she drew the happy face and she said yes, that's Uncle Sam. I asked her to draw another face and she said okay and before my eyes a face appeared on the page. I didn't even know she could do that! This time she had drawn Uncle Marc and then Maryn on the side. I was so amazed that she could draw. Before it had just been scribbles and I know I didn't teach her how to make happy faces. Matt and I were smiling and laughing. I'm so proud of her we'll share her first piece of art with everyone.






3 Special Comments:

Beth said...

Yeah! Debbie I love your blog, it's so so cute! I will be checkin up on you now. That Maryn is so smart! My boys didn't draw faces until kindergarten! How cool.

Unknown said...

Hey there!!! Found your blog through Beth's today - so cool!!! It looks great!!! :-)

And that is wonderful that Maryn is drawing faces!!! (I love spontaneous "I didn't teach them that..." demonstrations, LOL!) Hope you guys have fun with family portraits! ;-)

Beth said...

Um, new post please! I lylas! Beth