It's getting close to that time of the year where people make their new year resolutions (don't worry I'm not skipping over Christmas). I made my list at the beginning of the year but I didn't share them with you my blog readers. I did that on purpose so I wasn't held to any standard of being guilted for not doing any of them. Instead I'm celebrating the ones I actually did accomplish and I will finally share them with you. Some of them I had posted on previous blog posts so sorry if there is any repeats. I have pics for a few but for the rest hopefully I'll be able to write a little about them.
First...
1. One of my goals was just to get my twin 7 year quilt top just quilted. I even did one better I even did the binding! It truly is a miracle. I can't tell you what a relief it was to be able to cross that one off my list
2. Finish Maryn's Lullaby Book. I had finished earlier in the year and I actually got the thing printed off. The kids love these books. I'm tempted to buy another set because they use them so much just so I can preserve the originals.
3. Get window coverings for the kitchen, play room and Buddy's room. And I went a step further and got a set of curtains for the family room upstairs.
4. A few summers ago I had my niece stay with me and we had a lovely time. I purposely took pictures of all the temples we visited and there was a lot because I knew I wanted to do something for her. I was able to make a book for her. Unfortunately I don't have pics of that one.
5. Finish Baby Blankie for friend in Idaho. I'm a little behind what can I say her son was pretty old by the time he got it but I got it finished.
6. Make Tiger letters for a young woman in my ward. These turned out awesome...again no pics. There was this young girl who her Dad just rocks and he surprised his oldest daughter by working like a madman and painted her room her favorite colors and her Mom decorated it in Tigers. I made Tiger letters for her name just because.
7. Exercise to prepare for surgery...well the surgery hasn't happened and I'm holding off but I kept my end of the bargain my exercising and I'm proud of myself because this can be difficult and tiring to do day in and day out. I'm not always on the ball but I've kept with it and haven't let myself go more than 7 days at a time without getting back on track.
8. Do something Amazing. I wrote this down because I was feeling very low at the time I was making my list and felt like I couldn't change things at that point in time where I was at but I didn't expect to actually to fulfill it. I wrote 2 songs this year. I wish to be able to share them with you sometime. Hopefully sooner than later. I hope to even write more and when I get enough I'm going to record them in a studio and give them to my children.
So, there is my list! Now for the rest of the list...well I'm going to roll those over into the New Year...probably add on quite a few. I keep my list out so I can have something to work towards because sometimes I feel like I'm treading water in the same place but if I can look back at what I've done it gives me a little confidence that I'm moving forward somewhat.







0 Special Comments:
Post a Comment