Sunday, December 4, 2011

Waiting Can Be Hard

I was sitting in sacrament meeting today(church) wanting to get up during fast and testimony meeting but I couldn't.  Nothing ever comes out the way it's supposed to.  So I thought I would write down a few of my thoughts and feelings here.  In my faith it has always been taught that God answers our prayers but sometimes it's in his time and that we need to wait upon him.  That is commonly talked about in Sunday school class and in the instruction we receive and is easy to say but is not easy when you're the one waiting.  I know He answers prayers but sometimes the wait for his guiding hand can be excruciatingly long and frustrating.  You question if your prayers are making it past the ceiling.  There is a song by Hilary Weeks where there is a woman pleading to God  for help telling him that she does not have the strength to make it on her own and wondering how soon will He answer her.  In the second verse is his reply:

I know you're weary 
I know you've had all you can bear 
And now you ask of me on bended knee 
I promise I'll be there 

I've watched you struggle 
Yet I can see how much you've grown 
Child, could you feel my power in your darkest hour? 
You were not alone 

Be still and know that I am God 
I'm by your side 
Whom shall you fear 
I'll give you strength my child 
I am here 
Be still and know that I am God 
And there's no prayer 
That I don't hear 
Lift up your head 
My child 
I am here



I imagine when I hear this verse that he is behind this woman with a hand on her shoulder while she is in prayer.  We will never know why certain things and challenges come into our life but I know that during that trial that you will be strengthened and you will grow.  If you think you needed it or not.  It's not going to be easy by any means.  Waiting is the hardest thing we will have to do in our life.  It is still beyond my comprehension why things happen in life...sometimes it's just the human condition and maybe it's during that trial that God hopes that you will rely on him for strength.  I will wait.  I will cling to my faith and I will do what I can to meet each day with hope because if I don't have that I'm not sure what else there is.   

0 Special Comments: