Saturday, December 24, 2011

Generosity of Strangers

Around this time of year it seems as if people around you are little kinder, maybe talk in a more gentle tone and extend out a helping hand more than other times of the year.  I enjoy being the one extending that hand and will continue to do so in whatever way I can.  However, on Friday the favor was returned to me.  I had my last stint at playing at Macey's.  Just a few days before I had played and the sustain pedal was broken to the piano.  It was almost unbearable to play.  I even left a little early because I was discouraged.  Yesterday I went to play again hoping that the pedal would be fixed but it wasn't so I tried my best to play the grand piano like an organ.  The experience was a little better that I improved my attitude.  While I was playing I felt a familiar presence over my shoulder and low and behold the same old lady came and played on the piano again.  I just smiled at the irony of me having two run ins with her.  Then something amazing happened.  People just kept putting in tips after tips.  By the end of the play time I had accumulated a little over $30.  Such a blessing as I see it.  Thank you to all those patrons that made my Christmas just a little sweeter by your kindness and allowing me to share my talent.

0 Special Comments: