Sunday, March 17, 2013

Something has been kicking my butt

I guess it was my turn to get some type of bug.  Except it's the kind of bug where you look fine on the outside but it's kicking your butt.  I'm on week 4 and just starting to feel better.  Since November, on and off our little family has been hit hard with flu, bugs, viruses...you name it.  For some reason I kept dodging the bullet when everyone else got sick.  I'm finally getting back and not having to take ridiculously long naps during the day.  Everyone keeps asking me if I'm pregnant and I can assure you that's NOT the case.  It's so frustrating when you know what needs to be done and you're body won't allow to do it.  SO, I'm looking forward to this week of getting back.  I have had Spring Fever this week...it's been so beautiful and can I tell you how nice it was to have my kids out in the back yard!  


When I was a kid my brother and I would make our lunches and eat them outside and have a picnic.  It was fun to continue that tradition with my kids.  I have a new vision for this year.  I've been thinking a lot on what I want my kids to remember and I want to give them a magical childhood.  That starts with me.  Maryn has helped me out a lot on this because she loves to have parties and loves to pretend.  And it's nothing extravagant but just simple things.  Today she made a game for us where she hid shamrocks all over the house and we had to look for the pot of gold.  I participated and glad that I did.  It was important to her.  I think there are a lot of missed opportunities sometimes of making memories because I(we) think there are other things that are important.  I'm glad I took the 10 minutes out to go on her treasure hunt.  This is what I want to improve on this year and my vision is to have more meaningful time with my kids when it's important to them.  My children are my everything.  I literally would have no purpose without my little family.  So here is to a year of new vision.

1 Special Comments:

Unknown said...

What a great reminder to just play along sometimes... I totally needed that! :)

And I'm sorry to hear you've been under the weather; glad you're on the mend, though! :) This HAS been a really difficult season, even for the most robust immune systems in our house. Here's to SUMMER, LOL! :)