This may seem insignificant but I tend to sweat the small stuff. Last week I felt like the world was against me and everything that I tried seem to blow up in my face. I will share one experienece that happened. I woke up to check my e-mail to find a notice from the library saying I had an overdue dvd. If you know me it's my worst nightmare to have overdue books, overdue movies or late fees of any kind. And those who also know me I don't cry that often but for some reason this pregnancy is breaking me down. I called Matt crying asking him to check the car and telling him I know that I turned it in...and all he could say is I believe you!
I know for a certain I had turned it in the day before it was due because it was our errand day and I saw Maryn physically put it in drop box inside. I went to the library when it first opened and confessed my case and the librarian, although a nice woman, said she didn't have time to help me look through the shelves. So, I searched the dvd shelves myself and came up empty handed. I came back to talk with the librarian and I was so distraught I told her to take my money and get it over with. She told me to wait because sometimes materials show up. Two weeks have passed and I've had this aching in my chest knowing that I'm right but having no proof to show for it. I have not had the energy to worry about this so I said my prayers and gave my problems to the man upstairs to sort it out because I mentally couldn't handle it. Yesterday and today, I kept having this nagging feeling to check my library account and when I opened it today there were no late fees accrued and nothing checked out on my account. Could this be too good to be true? I called to verify and explained my situation to the gal on the phone and she said it looks like they found it. Now if that's not an answer to a prayer I'm not sure what is?!?!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Prayers are Answered
at 2:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Special Comments:
Yay!!!!! So glad that what was lost, is found! ;-) And more importantly, YOU WERE RIGHT!!! HA!!!!! ;-) But for their part, the lady at the library was nice enough to give you a little time for them to find it... that worked out well :-).
Can I get a Hallelujah and an Amen!?!
Post a Comment